Two of his books, Angelhead and Fight Scenes , have been purchased for film. As a teacher, he accents the fact that close, active reading and vivid, strong writing are two halves of the same creative endeavor. He believes that literary writing is indeed a teachable craft, but one that requires humility, a keen interest in human character, an inquisitive mind, a deductive approach to the social and cultural forces that shape us, a constantly deepening emotional intelligence, and a sense that language and literary art are meant, foremost, to convey truths about who we are and how we live.
- The Essential Codex Mendoza.
- Lowest White Boy (In Place) (Paperback) | Avid Bookshop.
- Search form.
- Search Directory;
Germain, Autumn House Press, Faculty Research Grant, University of Vermont, Bottoms uvm. College of Arts and Sciences.
Swallowing the Past , Texas Review Press, Fight Scenes , Counterpoint Press, Sentimental, Heartbroken Rednecks , Context, ; Counterpoint, Greg Bottoms is a professor of English at the University of Vermont. Skip to main content.
Search form. Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- Shop with confidence!
- Spiritual American Trash.
- Multi-hazard Approaches to Civil Infrastructure Engineering.
- Rolling Out New Products Across International Markets!
- Growing Up At Ground Zero of American Apartheid.
- Cooking Off the Clock: Recipes from My Downtime.
- Dynamic Models of Infectious Diseases: Volume 1: Vector-Borne Diseases.
By Greg Bottoms. He treats his subjects with compassion as he explores the tangle of race relations in his childhood.
A consummate storyteller, Bottoms brings to life a world that is rarely explored in contemporary conversations about racial strife.